1. How many TVs do you have in your home?
Just one, but it’s big. :)
2. On average, how much TV do you watch in a week?
Not enough. I have about five hours a week of TV I “follow” but that often means that I tape ’em (or have someone else tape ’em) and then have a marathon every other month.
3. Do you feel that television is bad for young children?
Not if used wisely. Watching TV 24/7 will give anyone, not just a kid, a skewed view of things. But using TV as a conversation starter (like my folks did) is good for kids. ‘sides, I like what James had to say on subject.
From the time I was seven years old on….I saw every single bit of blood, guts, gore, explosions, rape, killing, and naked women that premium cable had to offer. Hell, Showtime and Cinemax taught me about sex early so I didn’t even have to ask. But am I a rapist or pedophile? No. Am I Am I a lunatic? Nope. Do I shoot schools full of children? No. Why? Because I fucking know better. My parents brought me up correctly despite what I saw on TV. What or who is responsible for people’s actions? It’s not TV. It’s the people themselves.
4. What TV shows do you absolutely HAVE to watch, and if you miss them, you’re heartbroken?
Hm… “Monk.” “Smallville” (missed it this week and was REALLY sad because it had Naughty!Clark in it, apparently… *sniffle*).
5. If you had the power to create your own television network, what would your line-up look like?
OOOOO! Killer! I’d put all the shows I love that were cancelled in uncut syndication. And I’d add the ones I love that are on now. Behold my list of shows:
- Dracula: The Series
- American Gothic
- The West Wing
- South Park
- The Sopranos
- Star Trek (the original, GOOD series)
- The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr.
- Robin of Sherwood
- Covington Cross
- Gravedale High
- The Lone Gunmen
- The X-Files (about the first five or six seasons. You know, before it sucked).
Sorry I didn’t put links for all of those, I’m waaaaay too busy today. Maybe another time. Or you could always stick the title you’re curious about into a search engine and see what pops up.