This Week’s Monday Mission!
1. Has anyone ever told you that you needed to lose weight or change something about yourself physically? Who told you and what impact did it have on your life? Your perception of yourself?
Yeah. Plenty of folks, from my doctor in passing to my parents to the mean kids at school. It kind of messed me up for a while, and I dieted a lot in middle school and early high school before giving up in despair (I have the WORST time losing weight on diets – if I dropped a quarter pound a week, I was doing well). Oddly enough, last year I dropped about 20 lbs for no apparent reason. This caused boys to come out of the woodwork in droves and made me a bit more pleased with myself.
2. Do enjoy the snow and cold weather?
Cold weather, yes. Snow, no.
3. Visualize the perfect winter evening. Are you alone or with someone? How does the evening start? How does it end, and everything in-between.
Hm… I’d be curled up with the bf and big mugs of hot cocoa (probably laced with rum or kaluha), watching DVDs.
4. Do you think that technology has had allowed relationships and human interaction to become less personal? Is this a good thing?
It sure has, and that’s not necessarily good. Humans are social animals, and the lack of face-to-face interaction is often an added stress on already stressed-out minds. On the other hand, technology has enabled people who would otherwise never have met to find each other. I have a large group of friends I see in person at least once a month, and would never have found them if not for the ‘net. So… yeah. There are good points and bad points.
5. Is there anything you’ve been meaning to learn, that you can learn, but haven’t? (or maybe you have?)
6. What skills or talents have you wished that you possessed that you most likely never will? Are you content with that?
Hm… I really, really wish I could draw. It irks me that I can’t draw well, but not enough to settle down and practice every day.
7. “AudioBlogs” are a twist on text blogs, where the blogger posts audio files instead of writing their entries. Not far behind the curve are VideoBlogs. While I’ve tinkered with Audio posts before, I think it excludes too many people and personally, I feel the written word has a deeper impact. What do you think of the concept of “AudioBlogs?” Would you like to hear the voice of your favorite bloggers occasionally? Would you rather listen to or read your favorite Blogs?
I’d rather read my fave blogs, but it’s always cool to hear someone talk. I do think it would rock if bloggers would put up .wav files of themselves talking a little bit so visitors could check ’em out. Hm… one more project for me to undertake…
BONUS: How deep is your love?
Deeper than you think.