This week’s Monday Mission.
1. What habit do people have that drives you crazy but doesn’t seem to bother anyone else?
Hm… I’m not entirely sure about this. It bugs the hell out of me when people eat noisily (slurping, sucking their teeth, etc), but I’m sure other people are bothered by that.
2. Have you had any expensive car trouble recently?
Oh, my, yes. I drive a 1982 Pontiac. It goes with the territory. :) I think the last time I took it into the shop I dropped something like $450 on a new radiator and a couple of other things.
3. How do you feel about mothers who breastfeed their children in public? At what age do you think they should stop?
I’m really torn about that – on the one hand, I tend to figure it’s pretty normal/natural. I mean, dood, we eat in public, why shouldn’t babies? On the other hand, I know it weirds people out. I tend to figure that as long as it’s done discretely, and preferably in such a way that massive amounts of skin aren’t being flashed, it’s fine. As to what age it should stop, I have no idea. I mean, I weaned myself at a fairly early age, so Mom’s never talked about the optimal age for weaning.
4. Do you recall the first item from your youth that became an “antique” and made you feel old and how you felt? Or if it hasn’t happened, yet, what item do you think it will be and how do you expect it to make you feel?
Hm… the fact that most of my tutoring students not only don’t own vinyl albums but haven’t been around a turntable except at a club or in a museum unnerves me. I grew up with vinyl albums being the method of storing music. Tapes were okay, but didn’t last well and my family didn’t get a CD player for a very long time.
5. Do you like rainy days/nights? What type of weather makes you feel relaxed?
I love rainy days/nights, at least if I can curl up with a book or the bf. I’m not fond of them if I’m in the middle of something that keeps me from enjoying them – like work or tests or something.
6. Life has a way of making one humble. Have you ever found that you have become that which you once ridiculed?
Hm… not really. Not yet, anyway. :)
7. Have you ever sent an e-mail to the wrong person? What was the most embarrassing experience you remember?
Thankfully, no. And I work hard to repress memories of embarrassing moments, thankyouverymuch.