There’s something handy about having an entry open all day where I can cut and paste awesome links that turn up. Keeps me from building them up in a “blog this!” folder, anyway.
- Buttprints in the sand – Cute parody of the “Footprints” poem.
- The LR Guide to Newswriting – What newscasters say vs. what they really mean. Hah.
- The Starbucks Challenge – DId you know that if you ask for a cup of fair trade coffee in Starbucks they are supposed to make one for you? Pretty cool.
- Lone Star Statements – Single-star reviews of books from Time’s list of the 100 best novels of all time. These are a HOOT.
- Diesel Sweeties – 1337sp3@k vs. piratespeak.
- Fantasy Name generator – not sure what to name that town/elf/NPC? This neat generator comes up with a bunch of names at a go and you can set it for different cultures, too. Very handy.
- Quotes on Homosexuality – some real gems here. I think my favorite is “Why can’t they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, “Who’d you call a faggot?”” ~John Stewart
- Elisabeth Eaves – an interview with the author of Bare, which is about stripping. Very interesting! I totally want to read the book now. :)