Courtesy of Wordweaverlynn.
Meme rules :
- Leave me a comment saying, “Me, Me!!!” while waving your hand in the air.
- I will respond by asking you five questions.
- You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
- You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
- You have quite an unusual name. Would you ever give your child a very uncommon name? Why or why not?
Yeah, definitely. I think because I have always felt like my name belongs to me – I’ve never been the kind of person to change my name or adopt a fake handle online or whatever. When I consider magical traditions that have you pick a magical name, I sort of boggle at the idea. Why call myself something else when Ealasaid is who I am? I think that’s largely because I grew up with a weird name.
- How is the wedding planning going? Yes, I want to hear every detail.
Hee! Well, let me pull up the Wedding Spreadsheet of Doom (yes, that’s its filename). Our summary checklist looks like this:
- Antwon’s clothes
- Attendants X
- Cake X
- Cake topper X
- Call non-rsvpers
- Clean-up crew for site
- Color scheme X
- E’s clothes X
- Alter E’s clothes
- Engagement rings X
- Favors X
- Flowers X
- Food X
- Honeymoon plans
- Location X
- Mail invites
- Map for invites
- Officiant X
- Order invites X
- Photographers X
- Premarital counseling X
- Reception entertainment X
- Registries X
- Reserve block of hotel rooms
- Wedding bands
- Rehearsal dinner
- Schedule rehearsal
Not bad, eh? I have a dress picked out, and boots to go with it, so yay. I’m really psyched that so many of our friends and family are involved – my oldest friend and her hubby are doing our photography, my future sis-in-law is doing our cake, one of my aunts is doing the food, one of my uncles is doing our cake topper, etc. Pretty schweet.
- If you couldn’t live in California, where would you go?
England. Hands down. Probably somewhere in the North of England, near York.
- How do you like Movable Type? Is it reasonably easy to use?
Yep! I adore it. It’s kind of a hassle to install but the tech support is awesome and once it’s in it’s a snap. Lots of plugins too, which makes lots of things easy.
- Please recommend a musical group, a book, a website, and a movie.
Hmmm. Musical Group: Red Elvises, duh. :) Book: Gentlemen’s Blood: A History of Dueling from Sabers at Dawn to Pistols at Dusk. Website: www.jonathancoulton.com. Music, video, weirdness. Good stuff. Movie: The O Tapes, hands down. This is a movie that every woman and every person who ever plans to have sex with a woman should see. Brilliant. Love it.