How the heck do you pronounce “Ealasaid”?
Like this: Ellis-ade. Like “Ellis Island” and “lemonade” smashed together. It’s Scots-Gaelic, which is why it’s not pronounced like it’s spelled.
Who are you?
If you’re looking for one of those short blurbs, well, my extensive list of hobbies and interests kind of makes that hard. See below.
What do you do?
All kinds of stuff. Here’s a list of some of it, in no particular order:
- Watching movies
- Reading (and binding and repairing) books
- Writing (mostly nonfiction these days — blogging, essays, articles…)
- Gardening (I live in an apartment, so it’s all pots)
- Developing my own book categorization system
- Reading webcomics
- Shiva Nata
- Personal and spiritual development
See what I mean?
These days (early 2012) I mostly work as a contract technical writer while doing bookbinding and book repair.