This week’s Monday Mission!
- US presidential candidate Wes Clark said recently that the American people are “really embarrassed” by the Bush administration, though no source was quoted and no figures were provide. Do you believe this is true? As a US citizen, are you embarrassed by President Bush?
Hm… I know for a fact that many of my friends who are American citizens are embarassed (and in many cases, enraged as well) by ShrubCo. I also know that several of my friends who are American citizens aren’t. *shrug* I think it’s more an issue of personal politics than citizenship.
- Do you have good friends in countries other than your own? Which is the furthest away? How did you meet them? What makes them such a great friend?
I have good friends in England. I have acquaintances all over the US and the world at large. All but two of them I met via the internet. The other two I met while on vacation – one is a former cop in Stafford and I met him at a convention, the other is a new agey kinda cool guy I met in Bath while on vacation. I correspond with the former via email (when he actually replies to me) and the latter via actual honest-to-gosh snail mail. They’re cool friends because we have stuff to talk about and they’re fun to hang out with.
- Two cars on the road right now bug me more than any others. The PT Cruiser and the Hummer. I am just so tired of seeing a PT Cruiser everywhere I look! I thought these were supposed to be special, but they are just everywhere. Even the new VW Beetles weren’t this bad. Sure there were a lot of them, but that was nothing compared to the PT’s omnipresence. It just bugs, that’s all. And the Hummer. I didn’t mind so much when they were rare. When Ahhhnold drove his, it was special. Then you’d see one or two here and there. Maybe it is the attitude of the young men driving these monster tanks. They way they love to intimidate other drivers, the smug attitude they have looking down on you (literally). Of course, I am generalizing so if you drive either of these, you know I don’t mean you. Are there any models of automobile on the road that irritate you when you see them?
Hm…. any luxury SUV. Actually, any SUV that doesn’t look like it’s actually used as an SUV (rather than a minivan) ticks me off. I mean, I can understand needing to cart lots of people and/or stuff around, but dammit, use a vehicle that is gas effecient and actually designed for such a task. I hate that SUVs have become a status symbol.
- When you were in school, did you ride the bus? Do you have any school bus horror stories? What really went on in the back seats anyway?
I rode public transit or my bike, not the school bus. :)
- Last week, I asked what sort of things a man should never say to a woman. Now it is time to turn the tables. There are a few things a woman can say to a man that can totally emasculate him. Such as: “Hold my purse.” What sort of things should a woman never say to a man?
An interesting question. Obviously anything which hints his genitals are other than normal size is bad. “Don’t forget to buy me tampons at the drug store” is also probably bad. :)
- Do you have a favorite cartoon Super Hero? Who and why?
The Tick. He’s the man. Seriously. Also Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law. :)
- Just what does it take to make you happy?
Not much. A text message from the bf. A “how’s it going?” call or email from a friend. Hanging out with my buds. Giving a gift that makes the recipient grin.