Life is skittles and life is beer. I think the loveliest time of the year is the spring. I do. Don’t you? ‘course you do!
No, I won’t be off poisoning pidgeons in the park or anything, I just think of those lines every time I think of spring, because I love spring. I love it. Not even the fact that I’m allergic to a significant portion of common landscaping plants that spring forth into bloom this time of year. I love it. Why?
- The sun is finally out enough I don’t need my light box every day to keep from slipping into an emo-a-thon.
- Flowers are gorgeous.
- The blackbirds get their red shoulders and look awesome! And sing their horribly weird songs!
- Flowers smell nice (the ones I’m not allergic to, anyway)
- It’s warm enough to not have to bundle up to prevent aching from the cold.
- It’s cool enough to prevent aching from the heat (stupid fibro).
- Everything’s green, including the hills (at least, for a little while).
- The sun is actually up when I get up to go walking in the morning.
- Baseball season starts, and I love going to the ballpark. Especially when we spring for field club level seats. Mmm, margaritas.
My absolute favorite part of spring is the really early part, when the ornamental plum trees are blooming but nothing else is. I’m not allergic to ornamental plum trees. There’s still a bit of bite in the air, which I rather like, but not so much so that I have to wear an extra two layers of clothes to go outside.
Sadly, our camera bit the dust right as early spring was starting, and it took a couple of weeks to get a new one, so I missed a bunch of neat photo ops. Got the above, though. Yay. And we have a new camera now, so I can try to get some good full-on-spring shots.
Hooray for spring!