I’m a technical writer with 12 years of experience, based in Portland, OR. I’m currently looking for work, and open to both local jobs in the Portland area and remote/telecommuting work just about anywhere. I have experience both telecommuting and working in the office, and I do my best work in the quiet of my home office.
I have written end user documentation, administrator guides, online help, hardware testing procedures, and more – see my portfolio for samples!
Do you have docs that need writing? Get in touch!
What Other People Say
People I’ve worked with say…
“Ealasaid Haas is part of my dream team of technical writers. I would be happy to have her work for me again anywhere, anytime.”
-John Hedtke, Principal Consultant for Double Tall Consulting and award-winning author of 27 books
“Ealasaid Haas is the kind of person that you always hope you’ll be able to work with.”
-John O’Connell, Senior Technical Writer, Intel
“Ealasaid is a fearless, versatile, and refreshingly capable Technical Writer. She’s a tremendous credit to her craft.”
-Andrew Davis, Recruiter of Technical Content Developers
- Won two writing awards for technical documentation
- Became a Certified Scrum Master in 2015
- Experience with documentation milestone scheduling, documentation need analysis, document planning, creating and enforcing style guides, teaching and training, curriculum design and development, document layout and design
- Created and maintained documentation and UI style guides for several companies
- Created a paperless system for tracking, updating, and searching electronics hardware safety tests, replacing over 100 separate offline paper documents
- Created web-based training for beginning and intermediate HTML and web design
- Adobe Software: FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Photoshop
- Miscellaneous Software: JIRA, Bugzilla, Perforce, Agile CMS, GitHub, GitBook
- Web Software: WordPress, MovableType, Blogger, some Joomla and DreamWeaver
- Microsoft Software: Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint