Whups! Nearly forgot these…
1. What is your current occupation? Is this what you chose to be doing at this point in your life? Why or why not?
I am a freelance writer/freelance web designer/tutor/substitute teacher. I sorta chose the first couple, stuck with the third, and fell into the fourth out of desperation. I’d really prefer to be supporting myself full time with my writing, but as someone with a fairly low self-opinion, I find all the self-promotion very difficult. I’m starting a campaign to get myself hired full-time at a local newspaper.
2. If time/talent/money were no object, what would your dream occupation be?
Fantasy writer. If I could make a living writing about Jaspa and the rest of the characters in my head, I’d be in heaven.
3. What did/do your parents do for a living? Has this had any influence on your career choices?
Dad’s a tech writer, mom runs a learning center. Dad’s tech savvy got me into web design and I work for my mom, so draw your own conclusions.
4. Have you ever had to choose between having a career and having a family?
5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why?
Easiest: no idea. Jobs with no intellectual stimulation suck, and low-responsibility jobs tend to force you to work with total wankers, which makes the job awful. Hardest: full-time single mom, or any other job with that kind of round-the-clock pressure/responsibility.