This week’s Monday Mission.
1. How old will you be on your next birthday?
26. Good lord.
2. What is your favorite gadget?
Hm… I do love gadgets, but I don’t have many of them. I’m quite fond of my CD burner, but it’s not working at the moment, so it loses points that way. Probably my cell phone is my fave, as it enables me to easily store telephone numbers and call people when I think about needing to do it (usually in the car or while out walking or something) rather than having to hang on to the thought and do it when I’m near a land line. I suck at remembering to call people.
3. Tell me about someone that you lost touch with several years ago. Would you like to get back in touch with them again? What caused the separation? Has enough time passed? Would you still get along?
Hm…. my cousin Kathryn, probably (Katharine? Katherine? Geez, I can’t even remember how she spells it, it’s been that long). I dunno if we’d still get along – from what I hear through the family grapevine, she’s changed a bit since we hung out together. We just sort of drifted apart, really – her dad and my mom are siblings but not in very close contact, and when they moved to another state I never saw her anymore.
I wonder if she has email?
4. Is there a difference between your online personality and your real-life version? Or are you pretty much the same person either way?
I think my online personality is roughly the same as the extroverted side of my ‘real-life’ one. I tend not to get as moody and serious and melancholy online as I do in ‘real life.’ This may be part of why I like being online so much. :)
5. Can you think of any ways that the Internet hinders person-to-person communication? What could we do to change things?
Hm… I will confess that since I got online, I’m more likely to email or IM someone than phone them. I often IM with a gal who lives about five minutes away from me, and we hardly ever talk on the phone unless one of us is away from a computer. Plus, of course, the time I spend on the Internet comes out of the time I spend with my friends in person.
6. When was the last time you felt truly happy, or had that sense of perfect inner-peace? What does it take to get that feeling back when you need it?
Hm… I’m not sure about perfect inner peace. I sure get damn close to it when I’m curled up with the bf. Other good sources of it are long hikes in forests and roadtrips with good friends.
7. If you could just verbally let loose on someone and be able to say anything you want, without repercussions, who would you say it to and what would you say?
Heh. Well, since several family members and most of my close friends read this blog, I’m not sure I should say. ;)
Naw, in all seriousness, I don’t know. There are plenty of parental types I’d like to rip a new one on behalf of the people I care about (“dood, I care about your kid and you treat him/her like shit! Quit it!”).