Douglas Addams sums up the blogger mentality:
People who are trying to decide whether to create a blog or not go through a thought process much like this:
- The world sure needs more of ME.
- Maybe I’ll shout more often so that people nearby can experience the joy of knowing my thoughts.
- No, wait, shouting looks too crazy.
- I know – I’ll write down my daily thoughts and badger people to read them.
- If only there was a description for this process that doesn’t involve the words egomaniac or unnecessary.
- What? It’s called a blog? I’m there!
The blogger’s philosophy goes something like this:Everything that I think about is more fascinating than the crap in your head.
Yeah… that’s fairly accurate. :)