Girly Girl meme, via Naamah.
01. DO YOU HAVE ON A LOT OF MAKE-UP?
Nope. I hate wearing a ton of makeup on my face and only tolerate it for costumes. :) I only wear regular makeup for special occasions.
02. HOW MUCH DO YOU PUT ON?
When I wear it, I wear a very light foundation, blush, coverup stuff under my eyes (yay milk circles), two shades of eyeshadow, eyeliner, a little mascara, and a little lipstick.
03. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO GET READY?
Depends on where I’m starting from. If I just woke up, minimum of an hour. If I’ve just come home from work to change before going out, maybe 20 minutes (more if I have to fuss over an outfit, but usually I have that figured out ahead of time).
04. DO YOU PUT ON A LOT OF LIPGLOSS?
05. DOES YOUR LIPGLOSS SMELL GOOD?
I’m not sure I even own any lipgloss.
06. DO YOU CARRY A PURSE?
Yeah. I finally gave up and got one a while back.
07. WHAT COLOR IS IT?
It’s black pseudo-leather.
09. DO YOU HAVE COACH BAG?
Um… what’s that?
10. DO YOU HAVE A LOUIS VUITTON?
I know what that is, and no, I don’t. I don’t want to pay more than about $20 for a purse.
11. HOW MANY PURSES DO YOU HAVE?
Um… Three? I think? I only use one with any regularity. I have a little one for fancy nights out.
12. DO YOU LIKE TO WEAR NAILPOLISH?
Eh, it’s okay. I have a pretty hefty collection of random colors, though. Dark, spooky colors from Sinful, mostly.
13. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET YOUR NAILS DONE?
Never. I trim ’em myself when they get too long.
14. DO YOU LIKE MANICURES?
15. WHAT ABOUT PEDICURES?
Never had one, so I don’t know.
16. DO YOU HAVE A USUAL NAIL SALON YOU GO TO?
17. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR HAIR CUT?
A wonderful little oldschool salon called Amy’s near Japantown. It is the only place with a stylist who will listen to me when I say “just take off the split ends” and trim less than an inch off. At other places I have to threaten them and supervise every damn snip. Bleah. Amy’s rules.
18. DO YOU DYE YOUR HAIR?
I used to, but my grey hairs laugh at even professionally-done dye jobs, so I gave up. Seriously. Even the pro I had do it was unnerved. The grey reappears through permanent dye in a couple weeks. Then I have dyed hair AND grey streaks. Bleah.
19. DO YOU STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR?
20. DO YOU HAVE LOTS OF PAIRS OF SHOES?
I own… one pair of Docs, a pair of combat boots for gardening, a pair of birkies which need replacing, a pair of converse, one pair of heels, a pair of flats that hurt my feet and are going to goodwill, and a pair of shower thongs. That’s it.
21. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SHOES?
My Docs or Converse.
23. DO YOU WEAR HEELS EVERYWHERE?
Gah, I hate heels.
24. CAN YOU WALK IN HEELS AND NOT FALL OVER?
Yes. But I don’t enjoy how it feels after about ten minutes.
25. WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR CLOTHES?
Random places. Anywhere I can get stuff that looks good on me, fits my idiosyncratic sense of style, and actually fits my weird body shape.
26. DO YOU GO SHOPPING EVERY WEEK?
Gah, no, I have a life.
27. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE STORE?
That’s probably a tie between Amazon.com, Frys Electronics, and San Jose Metaphysical Bookshop.
28. HOW MUCH DO YOU USUALLY SPEND?
As little as possible. that’s not saying much, though.
29. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN DIOR?
30. DO YOU FOLLOW FASHION TRENDS?
31. DO YOU HAVE A PAIR OF HUGE SUNGLASSES?
35. HOW MANY PAIRS OF EARRINGS DO YOU HAVE?
No idea. I can’t wear them at the moment (my piercings are being pissy) so it doesn’t matter much at this point.
36. DO YOU WEAR HOOP EARRINGS?
37. DO YOU HAVE A LOT OF SKIRTS?
HAH! No, I think I own three altogether.
39. DO YOU GET YOUR EYE BROWS DONE?
I pluck them myself. Why on earth would you need help doing that? Geez.
40. CAN YOU APPLY MASCARA WITHOUT OPENING YOUR MOUTH?
Yanno, I’ve never thought about that.
41. DO YOU WEAR A LOT OF EYELINER?
42 and 43 aren’t here for some reason… I’m going to assume it’s a good one. (I will too.) (I will three.)(Me too)
44. DO YOU DO PILATES OR YOGA?
I used to do Yoga, but it irritates the fuck out of my fibro, so I don’t anymore.
45. DO YOU HAVE A LOT OF MAGAZINES?
God, yes. I have subscriptions to: Bitch, Starlog, ReadyMade, NewWitch, SageWoman, PanGaia, New York Review of Books, Via, Occidental Magazine, Stanford Magazine, Psychology Today, Rolling Stone… no wonder I’m always behind on my reading!
I guess I’m not a girly girl. My one girly vice, bath stuff (seriously. If you ever don’t know what to get me as a gift, bath stuff is a sure-fire winner if it’s in simple scents like almond/honey/vanilla/lavendar. “Rain” or “ocean” are likely to set off my allergies), wasn’t even mentioned here!