Welp, we made it, world. No Mayan Apocalypse, no giant asteroid or whatever. Just another series of days. And now it’s 2013. Which: wow.
2012 was long. Mostly the last three months or so. And I know I’m not the only person who experienced that!
A lot of stuff happened this year. In no particular order, I:
- Started the year unemployed when my contract at my previous gig ended early due to budget cuts.
- Spent a lot of time with Nate.
- Got a new gig (surprisingly quickly!) at Unnamed Company of Awesome.
- Went to my very first Rally (RALLY!)!
- Had to learn a shitton of new stuff at Unnamed Company of Awesome.
- Vended at my first craft fair.
- Sold my first handbound book to a stranger.
- Bound 16 books in a single month.
- Visited Portland three times.
- Cut my hair short for the first time since I was about five.
- Posted publicly about my depression on a pretty major website.
- Posted for Pagan Values Blogging Month for the first time.
- Played a lot of (and wrote a lot about) Borderlands and Borderlands 2.
- Rang in the new year with Nate in Portland.
I have a lot planned for 2013, but that’s another post. :) Nate and I spent the last week and a half up in Portland chilling out and relaxing, and I’ve been using the mental bandwidth to plot the hell out of the upcoming year.
So. Thank you, 2012! I learned a lot.
2013, I hope you’re ready to go, cos I’m hitting the ground running soon as my plane lands back home. Ya better keep up!