It’s a good thing that there’s no wrong way to do the lists, because boy howdy have I not been following my plan — to do it every day. OH WELL.
Much to my annoyance, I had a draft for days 17-20, but it has vanished into the ether. Guess I will try to recreate them from memory!
Day 17: People I want to be like when I grow up
There are a lot of people I admire greatly, but I have finally started feeling like an adult, so my actual answer is pretty short:
I want to be like my own self when I grow up. So my job is figuring out what that means, and I’ve been working on it really hard for a long time. Now, at 36, I am finally starting to feel like I know what that means.
Day 18: Where I take out of town guests
Oooo good times! In the SF Bay Area:
- The Winchester Mystery House
- Big Basin
- Portland Japanese Garden
- International Rose Test Garden
- Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Powell’s City of Books
Day 19: “Pins” to try
I don’t really use Pinterest enough to do this list.
Day 20: When I was your age
Oh man. So if the target audience is, say, a high schooler:
- I didn’t have internet access because the internet barely even existed.
- I didn’t have a cellphone for basically the same reason.
- I used a typewriter for my essays and lab reports, not a computer (I did that for my frosh year of college, too)
Day 21: The perfect _____________ involves _____________
Oh man, I could probably do this list forEVER.
- The perfect day involves reading
- The perfect life involves cats
- The perfect evening involves tasty food/drink and good friends
- The perfect weekend involves sleeping in
- The perfect video game involves a lot of humor, or at least a light tone
Day 22: This week’s playlist
I listen to music so rarely these days that I guess I will have to use my podcast playlist!
Day 23: It’s time for ….
- A nap.
- Cards Against Humanity!
Day 24: Best ways to show love
Well, this depends on the person, really. If the person in question is me, the best ways to show (me) love:
- Ask me questions about my day/activities/cats/whatever. Be interested in what I’m up to!
- Remembering what I like and letting me know when you see something I’d like that’s on sale or something.
- Doing or saying something to let me know you were thinking about me when we weren’t together.
Basically just letting me know I’m important. Insecure attachment style + (mostly controlled) Impostor Complex = needs lots of reassurance. :)
Day 25: Songs I’ll record for my album
Oh man. Going by the songs I love performing for karaoke or Rock Band and/or sing along with loudest on the rare occasions I listen to music:
There’d be Dethklok on here if I could do the vocals properly. But I can’t, so no ‘klok. Woe.
I also have a dream of fronting an all-gal band that only does covers of songs written/performed by men about women that are creepy as shit. That playlist:
That’s a list that could be a LOT longer, but I haven’t been keeping it up to date. Time to change that, I think! Putting it into Evernote so I can add things as I think of them. :D
Day 26: Make up your own holidays
Weirdly, this is giving me a lot of trouble. I really like the holidays we have already!
- Love Your Bookstore Day! Everyone goes to a local bookstore and buys a book. This is celebrated at least once a month.
Day 27: Go to meals/recipes when I have guests
- Mongolian Beef
- Ordering pizza
I know, I’m such a thrilling host.
Day 28: I feel my best when
I feel my best physically when…
- I’ve been getting 9 hours of sleep a night
- I’ve been exercising regularly and eating well
- I’ve been doing yoga regularly
I feel my best mentally when…
- I’ve just finished Aikido class
- I’m doing sitting practice every day
- I’m getting quality time with one of the cats.
Day 29: Favorite local businesses
Oh this one’s easy.
I know I’m forgetting some but just can’t think of them. Argh.
Day 30: Historical figures I would like to meet
- John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester
- The Buddha
- Gerald Gardner
- Oscar Wilde (preferably via time machine so I could convince him either to dump Bosie before all that shit went down or talk him out of the libel suit)
- Ada Lovelace
Again, I know I’m forgetting some. Very annoying.
And there we are! Done.