Well, I’m 29. My last year of being a twenty-something. Let’s see how I’m doing on my 25 Things To Do In The Next 25 Years:
Find The One True Job– I think my current gig sure counts. Pays well and I like it.
Get my sites under control.
- Get truly fluent in Latin
- Write a novel and get it published
- Get a black belt in Aikido
- Learn to speak another language
- Get a motorcycle
See Edward Gorey’s house
- Visit all 50 states, even if only briefly
Be a car’s first owner
Have a room in my domicile that’s just for– I think my den counts.
- Get my quotes collection into a database – have started this.
Get paid to review movies
- Get paid to write fiction
Own a pair of knee-high boots– got ’em for the wedding.
- Roadtrip across the country
- Stand on the Great Wall of China
- See the pyramids
- Overcome my fear of programming
- Ride an elephant
- Keep writing in my journal
- Get a hybrid engine car
- Get a flat tummy. Not a sixpack, just flat
Find someone to spend the last 50 years of my
Hm. Not a perfect list. For one thing, “Keep writing in my journal” isn’t much of a “thing to do,” is it? It’s a repeated thing. Feh. I do write in my journal every day, now, though, so that’s something. Also, I think I’ve changed my mind about the motorcycle – I love the way they look but the rational part of my brain knows they’re damn dangerous – I kind of prefer my transportation to not leave me QUITE so open to cars going 70 mph. I suppose I could get a motorcycle and just ride it on the surface streets, but… meh. Hell, a car going 45mph can still kill you. At least on a bike I’m not out in the middle of traffic quite so much. And not going quite so fast myself as I’d be going on a bike.
I am losing my hardcoreness as I age! Ack!
Maybe when I turn 30 I’ll change the list a bit, eh? Not a bad idea.
At any rate: Happy birthday to me. Here’s to being 29.