Been sort of overwhelmed by The Move. I’ve been posting pix on Flickr. Anyway. The lovely and talented Mazarine posted this set of five fives in her LJ and I am shamelessly stealing it!
Five Things I was Doing 10 Years Ago
Lessee, that was… 2003? Oof, hard to remember exactly. I shall use the blog archives for reference.
- Recovering from having my ovarian cyst removed in late 2002.
- Working nine jobs. (Jeez, I always think of my high water mark as six).
- Writing movie reviews for the local paper (and finally getting paid for it).
- Obsessing over Harry Potter.
- Living with my parents in the house where I grew up.
Five Things I am Doing Now
- Unpacking from the move to Portland.
- Learning to take care of myself (I now only work three jobs).
- Writing movie reviews for said local paper.
- Obsessing over Deadpool and Marvel comics/movies in general. (tip: do not get me started on how that awful Wolverine movie got Deadpool wrong)(I MEAN SERIOUSLY HE’S THE MERC WITH A MOUTH HOW DO YOU DO DEADPOOL WITH NO MOUTH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE)
- Living with my sweetie.
Five Snacks I Enjoy:
- Kettle chips.
- Baby carrots and hummus.
- Chocolate in almost any high-cacao form.
- Organic strawberries.
- Uhhh… I’m not that much of a snacker anymore, I’m out of ideas.
Five Things I Would Do If I Were a Millionaire, in no particular order:
- Pay off all my debt.
- Pay off my family and sweetie’s debt.
- Buy an old house here in PDX and remodel it: strip it to the studs and make it crazyawesome. Ethernet jacks in every room, good drywall instead of plaster, finished basement, that kind of thing.
- Invest the rest and see if I could get enough in interest income to quit my dayjob.
- Back a ton of Kickstarters.
Five Jobs I Have Had: (in no particular order)
- Substitute teacher (junior high and high school)
- Freelance writer/editor
- Freelance web designer
- Technical writer