1. Who has authority over you?
Too many people, starting with my parents.
2. Where do you go to get a feeling of community?
Conventions. Out clubbing. To the movies.
3. What do you do, or have you done, in your life that “goes against the tide?”
I’m a girl who codes HTML by hand, how’s that for a start? :-)
4. Guilt can be a powerful weapon. Those who have mastered its power can very good at getting what they want. Have you ever used guilt to get you what you want? Have you ever had it used on you? How did you react?
Not that I can remember, although I may have guilt tripped a friend or two when they tried to weasel out of something they said they’d do. :)
5. I was walking through the mall Friday night and saw a lot of teenagers who dressed really wild and just acted like idiots – not caring who was looking or what others thought. And I remember being that way, having that kind of freedom. I must have looked like a fool then too. Did you ever do anything in public with your friends as a teenager that you would never do today? Tell me about that.
Hm… not really. I was a pretty withdrawn teen.
6. I don’t watch the television show “Survivor,” but I did notice they allow each contestant to bring one “luxury item” to the deserted island with them (make-up, a book, etc.). If you were to go to an island for three months, what five “luxury items” would you bring and why?
Oo! Hard one.
- a laptop with a solar power hookup and a wireless modem with service on the island.
- A sleeping bag.
- Bug spray.
- A bunch of books (paperback copies I didn’t care about in case they got thrashed)
- A cellphone with service out on the island.
I’m assuming this is money-no-object, of course. If it was… um… I’d probably take books, my journal, several pens, bug spray, and a sleeping bag.
7. If you would have had a choice, in which time period would you have like to have lived? Why?
Hard to say. I love a lot of things about the past but the whole patriarchy thing sucks. It might’ve been interesting to live in one of the ancient societies that was cool toward women, though.