Man, I love this holiday. Unfortunately, due to my @#(&$ surgery, I won’t be doing any decorating or handing out candy. *sigh* To see pix of costumes from previous years, visit my Halloween Page.
Still, the holiday will not go by unmarked. I will be watching spooky movies with a pal tonight. Our options include:
- Sleepy Hollow (Johnny Depp being all cute and goth-looking!)
- Silence of the Lambs (Anthony Hopkins being all cool and cannibalistic!)
- Donnie Darko (Harvey’s evil twin! Or something. I haven’t seen it yet)
- Vampire Hunter D (although not the sequel as NetFlix didn’t have it, the bastards)
- Uncle Was a Vampire
I had “The Horror of Dracula” from NetFlix, but returned it after watching it again so as to spare Jen the horror of watching it. You really have to loove Hammer Horror to enjoy that movie. Or at least have a serious crush on a couple of the actors. :-)
Another thing I wanted to rent for Halloween but couldn’t was Hellsing: Impure Souls (Vol. 1), an anime series that looks really cool. But did NetFlix have it? Nooooooooooooooo! They really need to improve their anime selection. Grr.
Anyway. Here are some links in honor of Halloween!
- www.doombuggies.com – my favorite Disneyland ride of all time, ever has its own website… and a movie coming up!
- you Call it Halloween, We Call it Samhain – learn about how modern pagans celebrate this holiday.
- Pumpkin Masters – I’ve been using these guys’ tools and patterns for years. Like, since they first were available here.
- Ben and Jerry’s Halloween Site – lots of fun stuff here.
- CarvingPumpkins.com – amazing patterns. I linked to this a couple weeks ago, and I’ll link to it again. It’s great.
- Make Your Own Bush Speech – heh heh. You can scare yourself and your friends with this one.
Happy Halloween, everyone! Here’s some Halloween ASCII art to sign off with…
/\../\ /\../\ /\../\ /\../\ <- Bats!
/\@@/\ <- Drunk bat.
^..^ <- baby bat
:-[ <- vampire smiley