This week’s Friday Five.
1. What do you most want to be remembered for?
Hm… honestly, my writing. I know I don’t really do enough of it to be properly memorable at this point… guess I’d better get to work on that!
2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?
“There ain’t no such thing as a normal life, Wyatt. There’s just life.” – Doc Holliday said that in the movie “Tombstone.” It’s so true. I wrote one of my essays for my college application about that quote.
3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?
Hm… that’s hard to say. Either finishing another National Novel Writing Month or finding a guy who’s able to date me for more than three weeks without fleeing in terror.
4. What about the past ten years?
Man… Probably surviving my year at Stanford with my sanity (such as it is) intact and getting my MA.
5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?
Hm… Read, read, read. You can learn just about everything from reading if you read enough – especially if you read books that challenge you a little. Don’t just read easy stuff – read meaty stuff, read the classics. Ideally, find an English major in your area and filch their college reading lists.