I have a problem. Here is the situation:
- Black Friday (the awesome day of sales after Thanksgiving) is coming.
- I really, really need a new laptop. (my current one is a ’95 Thinkpad on its very last legs.)
- Rumor has it that a certain retailer will be selling awesome laptops for about $400.
- That retailer is Wal*Mart.
- I hate Wal*Mart with a burning flame of passion. Seriously. Hate Hate Hate Hate.
So now I have to decide what to do. Set foot in the dreaded stronghold of all that is evil in corporate America or continue bitching about the fact that I can’t afford a new laptop. A few things that I have figured out:
|Reasons to buy||Reasons not to|
I need a new laptop.
Apparently these laptops are Wal*Mart’s loss-leader, so I’d be costing the bastards money.
It’d be nice to have a new laptop — yanno, one that booted in less than 10 minutes, ran WindowsXP, and had a USB port.
I’d get Wal*Mart cooties by going in the store.
I’d be tacitly supporting Wal*Mart by purchasing something there.
I can get by without a new laptop.
Shopping on Black Friday is INSANE.
I am having a LOT of trouble deciding what to do. On the one hand, I don’t want to compromise my principles. On the other hand, I really want a new laptop.
9 Responses to Decisions, decisions…